Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Chickenpox at 3 months old!!!

So, in the past 3 weeks or so, Lucas stopped sleeping and eating well. He has been extra fussy. Didn't know what was wrong. Then, last Thursday I noticed a bump on his forehead and two on the back of his head. They looked like baby acne to me. Well the next day (Friday), while changing his diaper, I notice a ton more all over his body. Took him in to see a doctor, and after seeing two doctor's, it might be chickenpox! Maybe that's why he was so fussy and not sleeping well. He's never had a fever though. It's been really tough these past few weeks. Not much sleep going on here. Lucas was prescribed medicine to help with the symptoms. We should find out the results soon from the testing they did on some of the bumps. Poor little guy.

These pictures were taken the day I took him to the doctor's. Saturday they were even worse, and Sunday just a few more. I think they stopped appearing and are now scabbing over. I couldn't help but think about my mom taking care of four kids with chickenpox at the same time, in an rv while camping out for our home. She definitely had it worse!

No comments: